Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Crocheting a slipcover for my Slipper Chair

I found 8-12" dc granny squares and the matching yarn last night. I crocheted the 4 turquoise ones together and started adding an edging to it. It is going to be all done in acrylic and acrylic blends. It will look the technicolor rainbow! I am not buying any more yarn! The other 4 squares are Handspun yarn. Those will be for Edie's chair. I was going to make her a blanket a few years ago! LOL I have been knitting 4 rows of Claudius' shawl every day. I will go a few days over my personal deadline. That is fine with me as long as I keep stash busting! So I have quite a few number of items ready to be needle felted. 2 scarves which were actually felted, the rest of the items were actually fulled. Red mittens, purple mittens, aqua slippers, 3 tablet covers and some notion cases. I think I will enter a pair of the mittens at the Rhinebeck festival 2014. I was able to finish spinning my 100 gms of California red/ mohair fiber. I went to a Newcomers Dinner at Church this evening. God is Good!

1 comment: