Sunday, February 2, 2014

A horrible scare for my doggy!

Oh man! Algonquin threw up like crazy Friday evening into Saturday morning. Saturday morning he was so bloated he looked preggers. He had the shakes, fever, his tonque was hanging out. He couldn't sit, lie down, anything because he was in so much pain. He has never been sick a day in his life. And now he was on his death bed. I made him homemade Pedialyte. Homemade Pedialyte: Take notes: 1 quart of boiled or bottled water, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Heat the salt and sugar in 1 cp of water til dissolved. Then add the other 3 cups of water. Wah-la! pedialyte! Give 1/4 cup every hour. He drank a whole quart in 24 hrs And I fed him homemade chicken broth. Do not use that chicken stock from the store or bullion cubes. Too much salt! Remember there is salt in the pedialyte Homemade chicken broth: 4 drumsticks and 1.5 quarts of water. Low rolling boil until the meat falls off the bone. No type of seasonings what so ever. I gave him this in 1/4 cp servings too. Minuscule amounts won't make them throw up. He arose better today. He is not shivering, not vomiting, his fever hasn't come back today. He isn't getting any solids til tomorrow. On a good note, I started organizing my Ravelry pages and I started a new shawl out of my Handspun from a dark brown mini Shetland named Batman. The name of the shawl you ask? The Black Plague. How befitting for the situation! MUAHhahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment